More About Us
HCFA-WA requests a proviso study to analyze the adoption of auto-enrollment for Medicaid beneficiaries losing their coverage to Health Benefit Exchange no-premium qualified health plans.
PEBB/SEBB/Non-Medicare Retiree Consolidated Purchasing Study
HCFA-WA requests an actuarial study for consolidating Public Employee Benefit Board, School Employees Benefit Board, and non-Medicare eligible State Retirees healthcare, including competitive contracting.
Expanding Benefits for Low-Income Medicare Beneficiaries
HCFA-WA requests a proviso study to prepare an analysis of expanding health and long-term care coverage for low-income Medicare beneficiaries through the Medicaid program.
- 2023 HCFA-WA Proviso to Expand Funding for the Universal Health Care Commission
- 2023 HCFA-WA Letter of Support for Immigrant Health
The Washington Health Security Trust (WHST)
- Proposed WHST Bill 2023
- WHST Summary & Background 2023
- FAQ on the WHST 2023
- WHST Presentation Final: Download Powerpoint file or view/download PDF
- Comparing the Washington Health Security Trust Proposal with the Whole Washington Bill 2023
Single Payer Resources
- Free eBook! A Single Payer Q&A by Cris Currie, RN.
- Introduction to the State Based Universal Health Care Act (SBUHCA)
- ERISA and State Single-Payer Healthcare: A Primer
- Single Payer: The Healthcare System That America Needs
- Frequently Asked Questions about Single Payer
- Single Payer/Affordable Care Act comparisons
- On designing a ‘robust’ Public Option for Washington’s Health Benefits Exchange
OR Oregon Health Authority Task Force on Universal Health Care
CA Health Care for All California
CO Health Care for All Colorado
CT Health Care for All Connecticut
MA Health Care for All Massachusetts
One Payer States
Medicare and Medicare Advantage
- What is Medicare Advantage?
- Our Payments, Their Profits: Medicare Advantage Overpayment Report by Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP)
- State Innovation Waivers in 2017
Tool Kits & How To
- Historical archive - a repository of our material on past legislative sessions
- WHST 101: The Washington Health Security Trust
- WHST 102: The Business Case for Universal Health Care